This 993 Carrera 2 Is A "Forever Car" For Its Owner
Matt Farah takes this mostly-stock 1997 Porsche 911 C2 for a jaunt, and can't stop smiling.
"This feels like something you would keep," says Farah.
With a ducktail spoiler on the decklid, later 997-style wheels, and a Fister Stage 3 muffler, this 993 has been pumped up a little bit. That said, the engine is still all original, and even the suspension remains the way Porsche intended. Even from the day they were launched, 993s have always been favorites of ours, and these narrow body cars look great with this style of ducktail wing. The prices on them have gone sky high lately, but the fact that it has over 120,000 miles on the odometer has helped keep this beautiful driver-grade 993 relatively affordable.
Even with that kind of mileage on the car, Matt and the owner agree that the car still feels nearly new. There aren't any of those typical ticks and rattles that old high-mile cars get, and they seem to agree that the car is "as tight as a drum". Farah has driven more cars than pretty much anyone on the planet, so when he says something is lovely, you can rest assured that the car is actually lovely. In comparison with the owner's former Camaro Z28 of the same year of manufacture, the 993 remains in much better condition, having weathered the test of time much better than the Chevy, as is to be expected.
Really, we can't find fault in owning a high-mileage example of a great Porsche. It's worth noting that my Boxster has 130,000 miles and my 912E has 167,000 miles, so it is fair to say that Porsche has essentially always known how to build a quality, fun-to-drive car that lasts. If you were on the fence about buying a 993, maybe this video can tip you over the edge into late-nineties Porsche 911 ownership. Who knows, it might be your forever car.
- RELATEDYou Should Draft Omar Vizquel's Strosek-Tuned Porsche 993 Cabriolet To Your TeamThe All-Star MLB shortstop once drove this eye-catching Speed Yellow Strosek, and now you can too.READ NOW
- RELATEDMid-Nineties Dream Car 993 Carrera RS Clubsport For Sale In CanadaOne of just 227 built, this homologation special rarity Porsche can join your collection today, as long as you're Canadian.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Porsche 993 Turbo Cabriolet Just Sold for $1.4 MillionThis unicorn, auctioned off Wednesday at RM Sotheby's in Paris, was just one of 14 993-model Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolets ever made.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhat Was It Like To Drive A Porsche 993 Turbo When It Was Brand New?The Germans put driving first in this mid-90s supercarREAD NOW
- RELATEDRWB Porsche 993 For Sale In Los AngelesNakai San's widebody Porsche's are polarizing, this one is periwinkle.READ NOW