Is A Porsche Pack Coming To Forza Horizon 3?
Turn 10 accidentally leaked some files that show as many as 18 new Porsche models coming to the popular game shortly
Some PC gamers downloading the update to Forza Horizon 3 earlier this week got a few more files than they expected when a 53 GB unencrypted 'developer build' of the game was added to their hard drive. This download revealed a whole bunch of as-yet-unannounced playable vehicles, and had the unintended side-effect of buggy gameplay and screwed up game save files. Within that gameplay, some gamers found a few new Porsches that could be selected from the now much larger cars file. In addition to new cars like Aston Martin's DB11 and a 1932 Ford De-Luxe Three Window Coupe, a whole bunch of Porsche models were available to drive.
Now that Porsche's agreement with EA Games has come to an end, Turn 10 and Porsche are able to join together once again with a potential Porsche Cars Pack, as has been done in a number of Forza titles in recent history. The Porsches encountered in the download are essentially the same list of cars that were available in Forza Horizon 2, but it is possible that more may be coming. The idea of putting a 917 Le Mans winner on a tall suspension with tons of travel and big off-road tires sure makes me giggle. I look forward to playing this if the Porsches do in fact come to fruition. Below is the complete list of Porsche vehicles found so far by gamer 'willbsn13' on the neogaf.com forum.
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2012 Porsche Cayenne
2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
1995 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (993)
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1987 Porsche 959
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
1970 Porsche #3 917LH
1956 Porsche 356 A
1956 Porsche 550 Spyder
This all sounds great for the downloaded files, but there is a problem with the code in that it corrupts your save files if you save a new game with the improper downloaded build of the game. Below is the statement issued by Brian Ekberg, Forza Community Manager regarding the download.
- The incorrect PC version of FH3 has now been removed and replaced. PC players who have the FH3 version ending with .37.2 should immediately uninstall that version of the game, then re-install. The correct playable version should end in .35.2.
- NOTE: PC players who completed the download of .37.2 and then started a new game save will have a corrupted saved game. Avoid creating a new saved game on .37.2, and only play on .35.2 to avoid this issue. As long as you have an existing save and have not created a new one on .37.2, your saved game will work correctly once the update is available.
- RELATED11 of Our Favorite Forza LiveriesNever stop wrapping.READ NOW
- RELATEDYou Can Now Drift This 1,050-hp Mercedes Race Truck in ForzaAlso a 1957 BMW Isetta. The Select Car Pack has arrived.READ NOW
- RELATEDForza 6 May Save Car CultureOr, why driving simulators can—and should—consume the lives of every generation.READ NOW
- RELATEDEight Ways Video Games Make Driving More FunA symbiosis has formed among road, track and game console—and it's making us all happier behind the wheel.READ NOW
- RELATEDVideo Games Improve Driving, According to New StudyThe surprise is which games improve your driving the most.READ NOW