993 Turbo Powered Volkswagen Bus Is Insanity Done Right
The Volkswagen Bus, especially the T1, is known for the slow life, bruh. This one, however, has been pumped up a bit.
The Volkswagen Bus, especially the T1, is known for the slow life, bruh. This one, however, has been pumped up a bit. This Volkswagen Bus has the heart of a Porsche 993 Turbo, which adds just a few hundred horsepower over stock. To go along with that, the Bus has had its entire chassis strengthened, and a whole lot of custom suspension work done. It is clear to see that this is no ordinary VW.
With all of that said, however, it still must be such a shock to see one of these on the race track as it still has the frontal area of a house, and must still have a lot of weight pretty high up in the air. Would I like the opportunity to drive a machine like this one? Absolutely. Do I think I'd still be scared out of my mind negotiating the Nurburgring Grand Prix circuit sitting up that high? Yeah, I sure imagine it would be at least a little frightening.
I have to applaud the owner/builder of this VW Van, as it was a build that must have taken hundreds of man-hours and lots of dedication. For more, check out this piece on Speedhunters from a few years ago, and be sure to follow 19Bozzy92 on YouTube for more great track videos.
[Source: 19Bozzy92 on YouTube]
- RELATEDDrive Wire at CES: VW MicrobusThe Drive's Mike Guy and Alex Roy dig into the VW Microbus from the floor at CES.READ NOW
- RELATEDDisney, Drunks, and a Volkswagen MicrobusOr, how this van and trailer set is going to pull six-figure dollars.READ NOW
- RELATED2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Runs the Nurburgring As Fast As the Carrera GTWe have trouble believing you, Porsche. You should let us try it for ourselves.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Tuner Kaege is Germany's Design OutlawThe body of a 1972 Porsche 911, the soul of an air-cooled 993, the stance of Kingpin. Take. Our. Money.READ NOW
- RELATED20 Photographic Highlights of the Luftgekuhlt Porsche Show450 perfect vintage Porsches, and not a water pump on the lot.READ NOW