Drive Wire for December 15, 2016: Elon Musk, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick Join Donald Trump’s Advisory Team
The president-elect is tapping some of the big names in tech to provide council.
Hey there. Devin Altieri here for Drive Wire on December 15th, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: Elon Musk and Uber CEO Travis Kalanick have joined Donald Trump's advisory team.
President-elect Donald Trump has tapped some of the biggest names in the automotive technology world to join his advisory team. Musk and Kalanick are part of Trump's "Strategic and Policy Forum," alongside other captains of American industry. Other transportation sector leaders in the group are Mary Barra, CEO of General Motors, and former Boeing chairman and CEO Jim McNerney.
Musk met with Trump this week alongside other tech industry leaders from Apple, Amazon, Google and others. Trump said in a press release that the meeting, and the addition of Musk and Kalanick to his adivsory group, are part of his goal to "create new jobs across the United States from Silicon Valley to the heartland.”
Musk and Kalanick are interesting choices for the president-elect, as both spoke out against him during the campaign.
That’s it for Drive Wire on December 15th, 2016. I’m Devin Altieri; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire For December 14th, 2016: The First Three Chevy Bolts Are DeliveredThe first three Bolts grace the San Francisco area.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For December 14th, 2016: Ford Dealerships Jack Up Raptor PricingAh, the sweet sound of cost and demand.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 13, 2016: The Grand Tour May Be the Most Illegally Downloaded TV Show EverOnline piracy of the first episode alone may have cost Amazon $4 million in revenue.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for Monday December 12th, 2016: Mercedes-Benz Teases E-Class CoupeHint: there are a lot of flowing lines and missing B-Pillars.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for Monday December 12th, 2016: The Shelby FP350S is A Turnkey Track Car For The AgesA 5.2-liter Voodoo V-8 track car? Yes please.READ NOW