Drive Wire for Monday December 12th, 2016: The Shelby FP350S is A Turnkey Track Car For The Ages
A 5.2-liter Voodoo V-8 track car? Yes please.
Today on Drive Wire we direct our attention to track-ready muscle cars.
Although plenty of owners spend months, even year, preparing their car to compete on the track, Shelby has decided to take out the leg-work and built the Shelby FP350S.
This track-only mustang is powered by the 5.2 liter V-8 normally found in the Shelby GT350 but that is far from the only track-focused component of the car.
The FP350S uses a TREMEC 3160 manual transmission, a Torsen rear differential, Sachs coilovers and dampers and much more in order to keep it ahead of the pack when competing in SCCA club racing.
But that isn’t the only track-focused area of the vehicle, the interior comes equipped with a roll cage, Sparco seats and a quick release steering wheel.
Unfortunately, pricing has yet to be announced but expect ordering to take place at your local Ford dealership in the near future.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for Monday December 12th, 2016: Mercedes-Benz Teases E-Class CoupeHint: there are a lot of flowing lines and missing B-Pillars.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 9, 2016: Uber Releases List of Behaviors That Can Get Users BannedThe big takeaways: Don't break the law, don't be a creep, and don't carry a gun.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 8, 2016: The 2017 Dodge Challenger GT Is the First AWD Muscle CarIt may not have a Hemi, but at least it has launch control.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 6, 2016: For $56,000 You Can Own a Hellcat Powered Wrangler*Wrangler not includedREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 6, 2016: 120 BMW SUVs Damaged in South Carolina Train CrashThe train was carrying a load of new Bimmers away from the carmaker’s Spartanburg plant.READ NOW