Drive Wire for November 25, 2016: Half of all Jaguar Land Rover Models Will Be Hybrid or Electric by 2020
CEO Dr. Ralf Speth made the announcement at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Hey there. Devin Altieri here for Drive Wire on November 25th, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: Jaguar Land Rover has announced that half of their models will be hybrid or all-electric by 2020.
Jaguar Land Rover CEO, Dr. Ralf Speth, made the announcement during the reveal of the Jaguar I-Pace at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The I-Pace is the company's first all electric vehicle and will go on sale in 2018. The I-Pace crossover has been described by Jaguar as both a family and a performance car and will boast a range of 310 miles per charge.
In addition to the I-Pace, Jaguar is flexing its electric-power muscles by entering the all-electric Formula E racing series. Whether the company hits their goal of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, or all-electric power for half of their models by 2020 remains to be seen, but with the I-Pace and Formula E, Jaguar Land Rover is making strides in the right direction.
That’s it for Drive Wire on November 25th, 2016. I’m Devin Altieri; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 23, 2016: UC Berkeley Researchers Create a Mind-Controlled TeslaScience!READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 22nd, 2016: Disney-Pixar Releases Cars 3 TrailerIt's awfully dark for a kids movie.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 21st, 2016: Tony Stewart and Mark Webber Both Retire From RacingTwo legends, two careers, countless memories.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 21st, 2016: Elon Musk Discusses Model 3 Charging OptionsNo free local charging for you!READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 18, 2016: The 2018 Jeep Compass Makes U.S. Debut at the L.A. Auto ShowAmericans only get one engine, but at least we can spec a stick.READ NOW