Drive Wire For November 16th, 2016: GM Finally Reveals the Chevy Colorado ZR2
It's as if Chevy knows what we have been dreaming about.
Today on Drive Wire we take a look at the recently-debuted Chevy Colorado ZR2. Almost identical to the concept we saw back in 2014, the off-road ready ZR2 has one mean mug. Powered by the 2.8 liter Duramax diesel engine, the ZR2 will happily dish out 369lb-ft of torque.
The front bumper has been replaced with one that will allow for steeper approach angles as well as undercarriage protection thanks to an integrated aluminum skid plate. The modified Colorado has received a two inch lift, and the track has been widened by three and a half inches.
With all that space, GM has opted to throw on some knobby 33 inch tires as well as the coveted Multimatic Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve shocks. This will allow for improved handling and a well-balanced ride. Rather than being forced to pick between ride comfort and handling, the new shocks help the truck to bomb through the desert will still conquer the suburban roads. If that wasn't enough, the ZR2 will come with a multitude of electric locking differential options to keep you crawling no matter what terrain lies ahead.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 15, 2016: Our Best Look At the Mid-Engined Porsche 911 RSRThe German race car will be officially unveiled this week at the Los Angeles Auto Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 14, 2016: The 2018 Audi A5 Will Offer a Manual TransmissionWe're safe for another year.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 14, 2016: BMW Wants to Sell 100,000 Electric Cars and Hybrids Next YearThat's a big jump up from 2016.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 11, 2016: Audi to Double Its High-Performance RS Lineup by 2018A new RS 4 and RS 5 are among the likely additions.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire For November 10, 2016: President Donald Trump Will Roll Up to the White House in a Brand New CadillacIt'll be the latest stage in a lengthy relationship between the billionaire and the brand.READ NOW