Drive Wire for October 19, 2016: DeLorean Taking Pre-Orders for New 2017 DMC-12 Sports Cars
But the company would like to know a little about you before it sells you one.
Hey there. Will Sabel Courtney here for Drive Wire on October 19th, 2016.
Today on Drive Wire: If you’re interested in bringing home a new DeLorean, it’s time to throw your hat into the ring.
The DeLorean Motor Company has begun taking online applications from people interested in taking home one of the new 2017 model year versions of the famed 1980s-era sports car.
To do so, however, DeLorean wants to know a bit about each potential customer. The form includes questions about the applicant’s previous history with DeLorean, whether they have ever pre-ordered a sports car, and even whether they prefer a manual or an automatic.
The 2017 DeLoreans will largely be built using original parts, but with modern-era powertrains that are both more environmentally friendly and more powerful than the wimpy 130-horsepower V-6 that powered the original car.
Hey, look at that. I made it all the way through this without making a Back to the Future reference.
That’s it for Drive Wire on October 19th, 2016. I’m Will Sabel Courtney; thanks for watching, and please check out The Drive for more on the big stories from the transportation world.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 17, 2016: Apple May Have Canned Its Plans to Build a CarNew report suggests the tech giant will rededicate itself to self-driving technology.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 18, 2016: Man Allegedly Cons Women Into Buying Him Expensive Sports CarsThe 28-year-old was arrested after allegedly fleeing in his white Lamborghini Gallardo.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 14th, 2016: Germany Warning Tesla Owners About AutopilotThe government has begun sending owners letters reminding them to pay attention behind the wheel.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 13th, 2016: Ken Block Reveals 1,400-HP Twin-Turbo “Hoonicorn” Ford MustangBecause sometimes 845 horsepower isn't enough.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 12, 2016: Ford Stops Mustang Production After September Sales SlumpBut the Mustang is still trouncing the Camaro in sales for the year.READ NOW