Drive Wire for September 29, 2016: Volkswagen Reveals Its 300-Plus-Mile Electric Car at Paris Motor Show
The VW I.D. should hit production by 2020.
Today on Drive Wire, The Drive discusses the new Volkswagen I.D. concept car, which the company revealed at the Paris Motor Show. Designed to preview one of VW's future electric production cars, the I.D. is a small hatchback with a Tesla Model 3-beating range of more than 300 miles that can still go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in eight seconds or less. When could we see the finished version on the streets, how much will it cost when it goes on sale, and what other tricks does VW have in store? Check out the video above to find out.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 28, 2016: Uber Offering Unlimited Rides in New York CityA flat fee grants users a subscription to the new “Uber Plus” program—but there's a catch.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 28, 2016: Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne Unexpectedly Skipping Paris Motor ShowThe FCA head honcho had been planning on making an appearance.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 27th, 2016: Jeep Reveals New 2017 CompassA new compact SUV to replace a pair of outdated ones.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 26th, 2016: Matt LeBlanc Signs Two-Year Top Gear ContractWith Chris Evans out, the former Friends star will be joined by Chris Harris and Rory Reid.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 26th, 2016: Falling Gas Prices and Rising Fuel Economy Could Hurt EmploymentAnother potential problem with the federal government's planned 2025 fuel economy targets.READ NOW