Drive Wire for September 13th, 2016: Ken Block and Hoonigan Release Gymkhana 9
A 600-horsepower Ford Focus RS RX travels to Buffalo, New York to wreak havoc.
Today on Drive Wire, we're all about Ken Block's latest video of tire-shredding mayhem. Block takes his 600-horsepower Ford Focus RS RX through the streets of Buffalo, NY for Gymkhana 9, released today. While the video itself is, of course, full of smoke, squeal and near-misses, what its missing is one famed opera house. The original setting for this Gymkhana was Sydney, Australia, but Block hit numerous roadblocks with local authorities during the planning and had to abandon plans to shoot in the iconic city. For more, check out the above video.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 12, 2016: Peugeot Plans to Launch Direct Competitor to UberThe beleaguered manufacturer believes a proprietary rideshare service can help turn the brand around.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 9th, 2016: Honda Moves to Patent “X-Ray” Driving AidUsing pedestrian detection and car-to-car communication, the system digitally obliterates obstacles.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 8th, 2016: Tesla Takes an Airstream Across AmericaThe caravan will act as mobile advertisement and portable Tesla showroom.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 7th, 2016: Ecclestone to Stay on as F1 CEO for Three YearsA meeting to discuss the transition is expected in London next week.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 7th, 2016: Gordon Murray Reveals the World's First Flat-Packed TruckIt's like IKEA furniture, but with an engine.READ NOW