Drive Wire: The Donkervoort D8 RS Is An Audi-Powered Monster
Remember Donkervoort? They make the D8, a modernized Lotus Seven that also kind of looks like a wingless x-wing crossed with an anteater. Well, the company has a new version called the D8 RS powered by a turbocharged 2.5L Audi engine, which Audi has gotten up to 400 horsepower. That’s a lot of go in a motorized Radio Flyer, so there’s also a new suspension, wider track, bigger brakes, and all the requisite stuff. Donkervoort is making 40 of these for a little over a 170,000, and they’re half sold already, so get your order in now.
- RELATEDDrive Wire: A Diesel Monster Takes on the DesertREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: 2017 Volvo S90 Will Have Semi-Autonomous Driving ModeREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: A Cop Car That Will Win Almost Any High Speed ChaseREAD NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: A Farewell to ScionREAD NOW
- RELATEDA Pensacola Man Attempted Time Travel in a Dodge ChallengerHe is reportedly still solidly in 2015, now with bruises.READ NOW