Drive Wire: Is This The Rumored Toyota BMW Sports Car?
Although we’ve heard plenty of rumors of the Toyota BMW sports car, we finally caught a glimpse of what seems to be the BMW version. All we know for sure is that this is a real picture. Going off that groundbreaking concept, we’re speculating that the platform will be almost completely BMW. Toyota will call theirs the Supra, and though it doesn’t look very Supra-esque here, each car will get its own sheet metal. Toyota is rumored to be flirting with a hybrid drivetrain. BMW will position this car above the Z-4, or perhaps even replace the Z-4, which has a bit of a clown-shoe reputation. Either way, we’re overdue on an announcement, so stay tuned.
- RELATEDBMW iVision Debuts at CESWhat does a connected car really look like?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: Toyota Releases New Prius SpecsREAD NOW
- RELATEDIn Defense of the Toyota CamryHow a road trip in the new hybrid Camry reminded me why people love these things.READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota Has a Secret Dog WebsiteWhat the...? I don't even...READ NOW
- RELATEDBuy a BMW i8 With M5 Power—for 750,000 EurosProof that money can purchase speed, if not sense.READ NOW