Watch The Footage of Valor Racing's Polaris RZR Tumbling Out of the Parker 250
New footage has surfaced from when Valor Racing driver Kyle Miller and co-driver Josh Barnes crashed their Polaris RZR four miles into the Parker 250.
Valor Racing's Polaris RZR took a tumble while participating in the 2018 Parker 250 a few months back, but recently new footage has been released showcasing the pairs crash. Valor Racing's Polaris RZR race vehicle, driven by driver Kyle Miller and co-driver Josh Barnes, flipped down a large hill around four miles into the race.
Miller and Barnes were driving through a section known to them as "powerline road" due to the power lines following the route. At the end of this section, the racecourse goes between power lines and unexpectedly the ground dropped out from beneath them and the pair tumbled for around 300 feet and down 100 feet, but are alive and okay.
I reached out to the pair. Kyle told me they "were obviously quite disappointed and frustrated at the crash. The crash was a combination of our lack of experience and also the fact that the hill was not mentioned on the danger sheet or in the drivers meeting." He went on to tell me that they were not allowed a pre-run which makes the need for it to be on a danger sheet even more important, but the car is rebuilt and ready to race again.
Co-driver Josh Barnes said it best. "If you are going fast enough to win...you are going fast enough to crash."
Check out the footage on Facebook of the pairs crash as well as the duo's discussion of the crash on YouTube.
- RELATEDPolaris RZR RS1 Will Be the Red Bull GRC Class' Racecar of ChoiceRed Bull Global Rallycross' new Polaris class has an official face for the public—the Polaris RZR RS1.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Polaris RZR go SkiingA Polaris RZR XP Turbo romps through fresh powder at Monticello Motor Club.READ NOW
- RELATEDPolaris RZR Racing Coming to Red Bull Global Rallycross in 2018The class will join Global Rallycross's already jam-packed Supercar and Lites race weekends.READ NOW
- RELATEDRJ Anderson Backflips a Polaris RZR in Latest XP1K FilmStart your Tuesday with some off-road insanity in the ultimate UTV.READ NOW
- RELATEDUS Special Ops MRZR Buggies Full of Javelin Missiles Spotted Near MosulSOCOM's tricked-out Polaris ATVs are getting their fight on against ISIS.READ NOW