Will Paul Walker’s Character Have a Fight Scene With Vin Diesel in Fast 8?
File this under “unconfirmed but interesting rumors.”
We know a few certainties about the forthcoming Fast 8 film, to be released in April 2017. First, there’ll be some races in Havana, Cuba, we’ll see Dom Toretto’s Plymouth GTX, Letty’s Corvette Stingray, Hobbs’ International MXT, a Bentley Continental GT, a Jaguar F-Type and more squealing around New York City, and there’ll be some Ripsaws tearing through Iceland. Unknown is whether Paul Walker’s character, Brian O’Conner, will make an appearance. Vin Diesel promised two more sequels in the Fast and Furiousfranchise, slated for 2019 and 2021, but Furious 7 had a tear-jerking and befitting goodbye to the late Walker, however there’s now talk that we haven’t seen the last of Walker.
Walker’s brothers, Caleb and Cody Walker, worked extensively with director James Wan to help stand-in and recreate a digital version of Paul to finish his performance in Furious 7 after he died in November 2013.Recently, they spoke to Entertainment Tonight about how that process helped them grieve and gain some closure. They also mentioned that Diesel called them to discuss reprieving their body double status to bring their brother back for future films. Now, from an unlikely source, iTechPost.com – slogan: “More than just technology news” – comes a piece claiming that the Fast 8 crew are thinking of “giving [Walker’s character] a fight scene with Vin Diesel.”
Is there an accredited source for this speculation? Nope. It’s pure conjecture, and probably false, but who knows? The producers and cast could surprise everyone next Spring. We’re a little torn about the reprisal of Brian O’Conner after the tribute at the end of Furious 7. On one hand, Walker and Fast and Furious are so entwined, it’s hard to imagine a future franchise film without him. That said, it would be a massive undertaking for the crew and digital effects artists to render him in a full fight sequence.
What’s your stance? Do you want to see Walker make an appearance in Fast 8 or future Fast films?
- RELATEDThe Truth Behind What Caused Paul Walker's Fatal CrashThe likely cause is so mundane we never talk about it. Let's change that.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Cleared of Wrongdoing in Paul Walker Crash CaseJudge finds car maker was not at fault in fatal accident.READ NOW
- RELATEDHappy Birthday Paul Walker, Signed, Nissan SkylineDriving an R34 GT-R as tribute to the heart of the Fast franchise.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for September 14th, 2016: Did Bad Tires Cause The Carrera GT Crash That Killed Paul Walker?According to Matt Farah, old tires were the leading factor in Paul's death.READ NOW
- RELATEDPaul Walker’s Estate Settles Lawsuit Over 30 Stolen CarsVehicles pilfered 24 hours after the Fast & Furious star’s death to be returned.READ NOW