Matt Farah Drops by Hoonigan With His Fox Body Mustang
/DRIVE on NBC Sports Host Matt Farah brings his Fox Body Mustang project car to Hoonigan's Donut Garage.
Matt Farah is the host of The Smoking Tire YouTube channel where he produces his well-known One Take series, host of The Smoking Tire podcast, and host of /DRIVE on NBC Sports along with Mike Spinelli, Alex Roy, and Chris Harris. He recently stopped by Hoonigan's Donut Garage for an episode of its series Daily Transmission.
He has visited Hoonigan in the past as he was one of the first guests of its sister series A BREW WITH. If you have been following Farah you will know he has had a long-term project of creating his perfect canyon carver in the form of a Fox Body Mustang and he brought it with him to the Donut Garage. The car is a third generation 1988 Ford Mustang. In a previous life, it was a highway patrol car from 1988 to 1994.
The Mustang is powered by a 350 horsepower crate motor. Its chassis was built by Maximum Motorsports. It features independent rear suspension from a 2004 Mustang Cobra as well as custom Bilstein shocks, and most importantly a cup holder from a Mercedes G-Wagon. Farah's Mustang also has a set of HRE Wheels wrapped in 295 section Michelin Sport Cup 2 rubber to help with the canyon-carving grip.
Hoonigan is known for some of its vehicles being in a bad state and undrivable. Co-founder Brian Scotto is an inside joke on its Is it Brian's? Does it run? video series. So Farah tells the Hoonigan guys that "Having a car that just works is glorious."
Farah knows what he's getting into bringing a car to the Hoonigan Donut Garage—donuts or burnouts are required. He is up to the challenge, but with his Mustang's wheels being wrapped in grippy Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires, water would be needed. He rips a solid burnout for a car with that much grip.
Check out Hoonigan's Daily Transmission video below.
- RELATEDWatch Two Time-Attack Subaru WRXs Visit Hoonigan and PlayMarkos Mylonas and Sally McNulty of Snail Performance visit Hoonigan's Donut Garage to play around in their WRXs.READ NOW
- RELATEDFormula Drift Pro 2 Champion, Kevin Lawrence, Stops by Hoonigan to Rip Some DonutsFresh off a Pro 2 Championship, next year's Pro 1 driver, Kevin Lawrence, brings his Nissan S14 to Hoonigan's Donut Garage.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch BJ Baldwin Bring His 800-HP Trophy Truck to Hoonigan's Donut GarageSeven time racing champion, two time solo Baja 100 winner, just wants to do a wheelie in a parking lot.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch One of the Best Car Photographers Visit Hoonigan's Donut Garage and Rip Some BurnoutsLarry Chen gets in front of the camera this time, laying down some burnouts and getting a safety check.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch What Happens When Hoonigan Goes to SEMAThe Hoonigan crew tackles the wildest automotive show showcasing one of a kind builds, celebrity cameos, and more.READ NOW