Watch a Honda S2000 With a Twin-Turbo J32 V6 Eat Up the Quarter Mile
A long list of modifications got this S2000 into the 7-second club.
Tuner Chris Boyette of Chris’s Epic Tuning Service in the Detroit area describes himself as a Honda J series specialist with 12 years experience in EFI tuning. All of that J series expertise is on full display in his twin-turbo Honda S2000 which he claims is the first of its kind in the world.
Boyette’s teal S2000 ditches its venerable F-series inline-four engine for a J32A2 3.2-liter V6, which originally saw duty in the Type-S variants of the Acura CL and TL in the early 2000s. In stock form, this rev-happy SOHC VTEC V6 makes 260 horsepower at 6200 rpm and 232 foot-pounds of torque.
That would normally be enough to give an S2000 a nice little boost in performance, but it wasn’t nearly enough for Boyette. He added two turbochargers, ported heads, MGP aluminum rods, and CP low compression pistons according to Engine Swap Depot. The heavily modified V6 is lashed to a Powerglide two-speed automatic and a Ford 8.8-inch rear end.
Those two turbochargers worked together to make 45 psi of boost rocketing this little car up to 168.87 miles per hour when it hit the quarter-mile mark in just 7.954 seconds. Boyette claims this monster makes almost 1,000 horsepower at the wheels and with that insane amount of boost, we tend to believe him.
Check out Boyette’s astonishing sub-8-second run in his Honda S2000 for yourself.
- RELATEDCheck Out This 385-HP Supercharged Honda S2000 Track MonsterThis S2K pumps out an extra 150 hp—for only 10 grand.READ NOW
- RELATEDWhy Now Is The Time To Buy A Honda S2000The S2000 has proven time and again that key performance mods will make it a formidable track weapon that can go toe to toe against sports cars more than double its value.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs the Honda S2000 F20C the Perfect Toyota AE86 Engine Swap?A Toyota cult icon made better with a Honda heart.READ NOW
- RELATEDOne of 699 Honda S2000 CRs Is Up For AuctionOne of history's greatest roadsters, made better.READ NOW
- RELATEDHonda Is Planning a New S2000 for 2018, New Rumor ClaimsMazda MX-5, Subaru BRZ competitor could arrive for company's 70th anniversary.READ NOW