Watch This 1,000-HP, K20A-Swapped Acura NSX Dominate
Taking on GT-Rs, Supras, Hayabusas, and more on the Texas freeway.
Tokyo’s C1 Loop is also known as the Wangan, one of the longest, straightest roads in Japan, and the country’s most notorious street racing playground. In the U.S., we have a similar area: Texas.
In Texas, roll racing is the name of the game—and that game is taken very seriously. Which brings us to a mind-bending video of a 1,000-horsepower Acura NSX racing GT-Rs and a Hayabusa.
The iconic Japanese mid-engine sports car is renowned for its sublime handling characteristics and daily practicality. Still, power was one thing that many enthusiasts felt the original NSX lacked; the NA1 produced 270 horsepower while the NA2 received a modest bump to just 290 horsepower until the end of its production run, in 2005. However, in a classic example of overcorrecting, a tuner down in Texas built a 1,000-horsepower NSX, presumably at the cost of whatever balance the Ayrton Senna-linked sports car once possessed.
Gone is the original C30A V6. In its place, this NSX now beats with the heart of a K20A with a massive Precision Turbo 6870. Going from a refined DOHC V6 to a tiny four-cylinder hardly makes sense, but one look at the engine bay and it’s clear the turbo setup is way too large to shove in with the factory power plant. Apparently, accommodations had to be made, and if it sounds stupid but it works, then it ain’t stupid.
Whether you’re fond of the engine build in this 1,000-horsepower NSX or not, the numbers speak for themselves, and the videos look like hilarious good times. These Texas speed addicts have made a name for themselves over the years for their quadruple-digit horsepower builds that terrorize the state's long stretches of highway. (Speaking of Texas, our hearts go out to our friends in Houston affected by Hurricane Harvey and we hope the city and its people bounce back stronger than ever.)
Be sure to also check out clips of the street racing NSX from YouTuber Speed FX below.
- RELATEDWatch the Acura NSX Ruin a Perfectly Good Set of TiresApparently, this Acura runs on Dunkin'.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Air Flow Around the Acura NSX in the Real WorldSmoke bombs and special paint demonstrate how the NSX stays stuck to the ground.READ NOW
- RELATEDThieves Caught After Taking Stolen Dodge Hellcat, Chevrolet Camaro, Acura NSX to Drag StripGo big or go home.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Hayabusa-Engined Drag Quad Spit Fire on the DynoDrag-built ATV? Check. Turbo Hayabusa engine? Check. Leg hair? Not anymore.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch an Acura NSX Race to 150 MPH Against a Nissan GT-R and a Porsche TurboThe winner is unsurprising, but the deficit by which it wins is anything but.READ NOW