2019 Jeep Cherokee Unveiled Ahead of Detroit Auto Show Debut
Jeep is calling its most popular model's new look an 'authentic and more premium design.'
Building hype for its official debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan next month, Jeep just released a few pictures of the all-new 2019 Jeep Cherokee. Being the brand’s most popular model and one of the best-selling SUVs in its class, this redesign is a big deal and we should prepare to start seeing these things everywhere.
The overall shape of the new Cherokee is largely the same as the outgoing model. The biggest, most noticeable difference is in the headlights. Those thin, eyebrow-like headlights get a bit thicker giving the SUV a more conventional aesthetic while still looking decidedly more rugged than the softer competition. The new face of the compact crossover has a family resemblance to the new Jeep Compass.
We get a good look at what is presumably the 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It has the signature red tow hooks that all Trailhawk models share along with a slight lift, black wheels, and black accents on the hood, grille, mirrors, and roof rails. We also see a non-Trailhawk Cherokee that looks like it could be premium enough to be a Limited model. A glimpse of the interior shows no significant updates, but it looks like a pleasant place to be.
The press release doesn’t give us much information about the next-gen Cherokee other than what it looks like. Jeep calls the new look “a new, authentic and more premium design” and promises “even more fuel-efficient powertrain options.” We reached out to Jeep looking for specifics on those new powertrain options, but we were told no further details will come out on the new Cherokee until Jan. 16. Could a hybrid Jeep Cherokee be in the works?
- RELATEDThe 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland 4×4 Pays Homage to The Past While Exemplifying the FutureAnd it's fully-loaded!READ NOW
- RELATEDThe All-New 2017 Jeep Compass Has Offroad Specs Worthy of The BadgeThis compact SUV doesn't lack any offroad chops.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4×4: The People’s SUVA surprisingly rugged crossover for the working class.READ NOW
- RELATED2018 Jeep Wrangler First Drive: The All-New Wrangler Sets the Standard, AgainIf you buy this Jeep and don’t test its mettle in the wild, your car-cred will be revoked.READ NOW
- RELATEDPlug-In Hybrid Jeep Wrangler Confirmed for 2020Would you take a plug-in Wrangler off road?READ NOW