Bunker Talk: Veterans Day Edition
Thank you to all who served, and to the families and friends who support them.
Welcome to Bunker Talk, a weekend open discussion post that today falls on Veterans Day. To all of our veterans, thank you!
The caption to this week’s top shot reads:
U.S. Army soldiers from 1st Battalion, 320th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 101st Airborne find cover in a makeshift bunker during a military offensive in Kandahar, August 1, 2010. (Photo by Sebastiano Tomada/Getty Images)
Also, a reminder:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The Bunker is open!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com