Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About All The Things We Did And Didn’t Cover This Week
Get out of the fallout!
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn’t cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it’s literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week’s top shot reads:
"Family in a fallout shelter with a window." December 19, 1961, Bloomfield, New Jersey. Anyone who has even the slightest tendency toward claustrophobia might find several days in an underground fallout shelter a rather harrowing experience. Westinghouse engineers in Bloomfield, New Jersey, have solved part of this problem by providing a 'window' with 'daylight' pouring into the shelter. Using flat, light-producing glass panels, they have created a realistic window effect to avoid the feeling of confinement. Bettmann via Getty Images.
Also, a reminder:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The Bunker is open!
Contact the editor: email@example.com