Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About All The Things We Did And Didn’t Cover This Week
‘Where everyone knows your screen name… and they’re always glad you came…’
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn’t cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it’s literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week’s top shot reads:
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO - MAY 10: A small group of media were allowed an inside look at the command center at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station on May 10, 2018 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. As a part of an ongoing joke the command center has stuffed alien doll in a jar placed in front of the director's desk. NORAD celebrates its 60th Anniversary at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station. (Photo by RJ Sangosti/The Denver Post via Getty Images))
Also, a remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The Bunker is open!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com
MORE TO READ
The Glorious History Of American Warships Named Independence
On this 4th of July, celebrate the American warships that were proudly named Independence with this colorful trip through U.S. naval history.
Harrowing Video Of Deadly 2017 MV-22 Osprey Crash Emerges
The MV-22 was packed full of Marines when it suddenly dropped while about to land aboard the amphibious transport dock ship USS Green Bay.