Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About All The Things We Did And Didn’t Cover This Week
Talk amongst yourselves.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn’t cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it’s literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week’s top shot reads:
Planning air raid, 13th September 1943: Colonel Glenn Nye, a commanding officer of the Marauder group (left), with members of an air crew in the briefing room. He is using the sand table method developed by Major von Kolnitz to point out important targets to be hit during a low-level bombing attack. (Photo by Samuel Goldstein/Keystone Features/Getty Images).
Also, a reminder:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The Bunker is open!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com
MORE TO READ
Ukraine Situation Report: The Bloody Battle For Bakhmut
The long fight over Bakhmut has resulted in many casualties, little ground gained, and transformed the area into a WWI-like hellscape.
First B-21 Raider Test Jet Aims To More Closely Mirror Production Examples
Ahead of the official rollout, Northrop Grumman is confident that its nearly production representative B-21 prototype will streamline testing.
Andor Is The Best Star Wars Ever Made
Tony Gilroy’s Andor finally puts the war in Star Wars and brilliantly taps the franchise’s full potential.