Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About The Things We Did Or Didn’t Cover This Week
“You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave…”
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week's top shot reads:
10th July 1943: British Air Force officer Sir Arthur 'Bomber' Harris, (centre) commander-in-chief of RAF Bomber Command, discussing maps and photographers during a meeting in the bunker at Bomber Command with Senior Air-Staff Officer, Deputy Air-Staff Officer, and Group Captains Of Intelligence and Armaments. Original Publication: Picture Post - 1473 - The Man Who Picks The Target For Tonight - pub. 1943 (Photo by Leonard McCombe/Picture Post/Getty Images)
Also, a remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
Shoot the shit!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com
MORE TO READ
Russia’s “Nuclear Train” Is Not Necessarily What The Media Is Portraying It To Be
The rail-bound armored vehicles may be tied to Russia’s nuclear forces, but they could easily have more mundane uses.
Ukraine Situation Report: Breakthrough In Kherson
Ukrainian flags are being raised in once Russian-occupied towns in the south as Kyiv’s forces push toward the heart of Kherson.