Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About The Things We Did Or Didn’t Cover This Week
Deep below the earth…
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week's top shot reads:
Dame Vera Lynn opens English Heritage Hellfire Corner at Dover Castle, Kent. England. Hellfire Corner is a series of secret tunnels in the famous White Cliffs under Dover Castle, which were used as the strategic combined headquarters during World War II. These secret chambers saw the planning of the Dunkirk evacuation and the supervision of the London Air Corridor. The tunnels were declassified around 1990 and given over to English Heritage so they could be opened to the public. Vera Lynn sits at the underground telephone exchange, within the Hellfire Corner underground headquarters. Picture taken 14th May 1990. (Photo by Bolder/Mirrorpix/Getty Images)
Also, a remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
Enjoy life inside the bunker's thick concrete walls!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com
MORE TO READ
Ukraine Situation Report: Putin Claims More Of Ukraine, Zelensky Applies To NATO
Putin made bellicose speech announcing the annexation of four Ukrainian regions while Zelensky asked NATO to rush its membership application.
Boeing’s Modular Air-To-Air Missile Concept Gets Air Force Funding
Boeing will leverage a missile concept that features multiple interchangeable stages covering short to long-range engagement envelopes.