Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About The Things We Did Or Didn’t Cover This Week
The bunker is open!
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week's top shot reads:
In this photograph taken on February 2, 2020, museum guide Besian Dida, stands in the ventilation room of The Cold War Tunnel Museum in Gjirokastra, Albania. Snaking beneath a fortress in southern Albania, a covert tunnel network built during the country's communist era captures the secrecy and paranoia that defined the long rule of former tyrant Enver Hoxha. Today communism is gone and the military bunker is a tourist attraction, still drawing rare visitors during the pandemic, when themes of fear, isolation and confinement are particularly resonant. The sprawling underground complex, now dubbed the Cold War tunnel, is part of a vast and costly "bunkerisation" project spearheaded by Hoxha, who was gripped by anxiety of a possible foreign invasion during his 40-year isolationist rule. (Photo by Gent SHKULLAKU / AFP via Getty Images)
Also, kindly remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The locks on the bunker doors are spinning!
Get comfortable, sit back, relax, and discuss!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com
MORE TO READ
Ukraine Situation Report: Multiple Russian Aircraft Shot Down In A Day
The Russian Air Force had another bad day in the skies over Ukraine as Kyiv claims it downed four jets, drones, and a cruise missile.
Chinese Countermeasure Barge Covered In Radar Reflectors Emerges
The barge, which is festooned with radar reflectors, antennas, defensive launchers, and other gear, first appeared in model form a year ago.