Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About The Things We Did Or Didn't Cover This Week
It's been 2022 for a whole week. What's on your mind?
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week's top shot reads:
A member of the 321st Strategic Missile Wing works at a control panel inside a Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile silo.
The picture, from the U.S. National Archives, was taken on June 15, 1983, at a time of extraordinary nuclear tension between the Soviet Union and the United States. Just a few months later, in September, Soviet early-warning radars erroneously reported that four U.S. nuclear missiles were inbound, and only the courage of Soviet missile officer Stanislav Petrov prevented a "retaliatory" strike from being launched. You can read more about Petrov in his obituary from 2017. Here's hoping 2022 doesn't bring us any moments quite as terrifying.
Also, kindly remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The locks on the bunker doors are spinning!
Get comfortable, sit back, relax, and discuss!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com