Bunker Talk: Welcome To 2022 Edition
2022 sounds so far into the future, doesn’t it?
Welcome to the final Bunker Talk of 2021 — or, for those in time zones far eastward, welcome to the first Bunker Talk of 2022! We want to wish all our readers and their families a very happy new year! Your contributions and discussions have considerably improved what was, for many, a very challenging year.
We also want to give a heartfelt goodbye to the great Betty White who drove trucks during World War II, because of course she did! This comedy legend, loved by all, will be sorely missed.
The caption to this week's top shot reads:
Missouri soldiers from the 19th Infantry Regiment pose for a group portrait, along the Kumsong front, to wish folks back home a Happy New Year, during the Korean War, December 1951. (Photo by Interim Archives/Getty Images).
Also, a kindly remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
Get cozy and join the discussion! The bunker is open.
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com