Bunker Talk: Santa’s Yearly Hypersonic Mission Edition
It’s cold outside, but it’s always warm in the bunker.
We want to wish all of our readers and their families a merry Christmas and happy holidays! Thank you so much for all your support and wonderful discussions over what has been for many another challenging year.
With that said, welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did — or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week's top shot reads:
NORAD Tracks Santa Operations Center circal 2007
Also, kindly remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
Get cozy and join the discussion!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com
MORE TO READ
F-5s Team With Avenger Drone, Bizjet In Air-To-Air Infrared Sensor Test
The test networked new infrared search and track systems on multiple aircraft, which could be a boon for future air combat scenarios.
More Details On China’s Exotic Orbital Hypersonic Weapon Come To Light
An official report on Chinese military power revealed additional details about its hypersonic weapon test that made headlines in July 2021.
Ukraine Situation Report: Another Body Count Controversy
A misstatement during a speech calling for an investigation into Russian war crimes highlighted sensitivity over battlefield body counts.