Bunker Talk: Let’s Talk About The Things We Did Or Didn’t Cover This Week
What’s on your mind?
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did — or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The caption to this week's top shot reads:
The entrance to a former Civil Defense fallout shelter is seen beneath the Oyster-Adams School April 17, 2018, in Washington, DC. In a long-abandoned nuclear fallout shelter in the heart of the U.S. capital, museum curator Frank Blazich pries open a large, rusted can of crackers bearing the date "Nov. 1962." "Tastes a bit stale," he jokes as he chomps down on its contents. The can has been stored for decades at the underground facility, one of dozens built during the Cold War as the United States braced for the possibility of a nuclear attack. (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)
Dr. Blazich is not pictured, but he is a curator at the National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C., and a former historian at Naval History and Heritage Command. I commend his courage in being willing to try those 56-year-old crackers.
Also, kindly remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there's always somebody that isn't going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can't handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don't interact with folks you don't like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That's as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don't like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn't going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it's probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn't mean reporting people who don't share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The bunker hatches swinging open!
Get comfortable, sit back, relax, and discuss!
Contact the editor: Tyler@thedrive.com
MORE TO READ
First Land-Based Tomahawk And SM-6 Launcher Delivered To Army
The Typhon Weapon System will give the Army its first ground-based medium-range missile strike capability in decades.
Russian Airfield In Kursk Set Ablaze By Apparent Ukrainian Drone Strike
For the second day in a row, Ukraine has launched an apparent drone strike against an airbase in Russia.
Ukrainian HIMARS Can’t Fire Long Range ATACMS Missiles: Report
HIMARS launchers sent to Ukraine are reportedly modified so they can’t use ATACMS missiles over fears about potential escalation with Russia.