Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about Cold War submarine caves, rusted and overworked surface combatants, foreign policy, Chinese swarms—you know, no big whoop!
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The Bunker doors are swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDChina Conducts Test Of Massive Suicide Drone Swarm Launched From A Box On A TruckChina shows off its ability to rapidly launch 48 weaponized drones from the back of a truck, as well as from helicopters.READ NOW
- RELATEDNavy's Troubled Stealth Destroyers May Have Radars Replaced Before Ever Sailing On A MissionA cost-cutting effort years ago left the DDG-1000 destroyers with degraded capabilities and a one-off combat system, but that could be changing.READ NOW
- RELATEDCheck Out How Rusty And Battered USS Stout Looks After Spending A Record 215 Days At SeaStout's sailors went from March to October without setting foot on land and performed maintenance usually done in port while at sea.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is The Cave Facility In Norway That U.S. Navy Submarines Could Soon Operate FromNorway sold this once-secret sub base nearly a decade ago, but it has taken on new relevance as Russia steps up its activity in the region.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe EA-18G Growler Has Its Own Topgun School For Electronic Attack Instead Of DogfightingAn inside look at how 'Havoc' turns U.S. Navy EA-18G crews into wizards of the invisible art of electronic warfare.READ NOW