Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about Next Generation Air Dominance, laser-induced plasma for hypersonic vehicles, strategy, AR dogfighting—you know, no big whoop.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The Bunker doors are swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDThe Air Force's Secret Next Gen Air Dominance Demonstrator Isn't What You Think It IsLike the future of air combat in general, there are lots of misconceptions about the secret technology demonstrator and the program it belongs to.READ NOW
- RELATEDFighter Pilots Could Soon Train To Dogfight Against Virtual Projections Of Adversary JetsWe go in-depth with Red 6's Dan Robinson about how his AR solution to air combat training could drastically change how fighter pilots learn to fight.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Full Story On That Oregon F-15 That Fired Its Missiles Into The Sea Before LandingThe jet's landing gear malfunctioned and it had to refuel with its gear down multiple times as a plan to safely ditch its ordnance came together.READ NOW
- RELATEDBlasting The Air In Front Of Hypersonic Vehicles With Lasers Could Unlock Unprecedented SpeedsFor decades, the DoD has been researching a radical drag reduction technique that involves sheathing a vehicle in directed energy-induced plasma.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's Why The Destroyer USS Kidd Was Flying A Huge Pirate Flag As It Pulled Into PortThe ship has a unique relationship with the Jolly Roger and is the only one in the Navy officially authorized to fly it.READ NOW