Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about laser dazzlers, geopolitics, ekranoplans, infrared search and track sensors—you know, no big whoop.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
Also, if you missed it, thanks so much for supporting our Warthog mask fundraiser. We raised a boatload of cash—over $18K—for those on the front lines of the battle against COVID-19. More on that here. Also, if you missed the first run, make sure to sign up for a heads-up if we do another run here.
The Bunker doors are slowly swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDThe Inside Story Of How The UK Culled Its Entire Harrier Jet Force In Just Two MonthsRetired RAF Harrier chief recalls how painful decision-making resulted in the abrupt end of an icon before its time.READ NOW
- RELATEDNavy's Super Hornet Boss On The Jet's Game-Changing Infrared Search And Track SensorWe go in-depth with the Navy's Super Hornet program manager on the new sensor's capabilities, genesis, and how it ended up mounted on a fuel tank.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Night A Mysterious Drone Swarm Descended On Palo Verde Nuclear Power PlantThe mysterious case of mass drone incursions over America's most powerful nuclear power plant that only resulted in more questions and no changes.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Last Tank Has Left Marine Corps Base 29 Palms, Soon The Entire ServiceThe service is planning to retire all of M1s, as well as other heavy armored vehicles, in the near future.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Only Missile-Toting Ekranoplan Russia Ever Built Just Took Its Last Trip On The CaspianThe sole completed Lun class ekranoplan is now set to go on public display after decades of languishing in disrepair.READ NOW