Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about Topgun's new stealth fighter syllabus, geopolitics, all the action in the South China Sea —you know, no big whoop.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The Bunker doors are slowly swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDHow The F-35 Triggered Topgun's Biggest Syllabus Revamp In Nearly Four DecadesNot since the introduction of the F/A-18A Hornet in the 1980s has the famed schoolhouse had to adapt to such an advance in air combat capability.READ NOW
- RELATEDVeteran Flight Tester On How The YA-7F Strikefighter Was Really A Jet Recycling ProgramThe YA-7F program aimed to field a new battlefield interdiction jet for pennies on the dollar by using spare engines and airframes. And it worked.READ NOW
- RELATEDAmerican Surveillance Aircraft Have Been Flooding Into The Airspace South Of Taiwan (Updated)For the past three weeks, there has been a big increase in U.S. military air activity in the Bashi Channel between Taiwan and the Philippines.READ NOW
- RELATEDCognitive Electronic Warfare Could Revolutionize How America Wages War With Radio WavesThe holy grail of this concept is electronic warfare systems that can spot new or otherwise unexpected threats and immediately begin adapting to them.READ NOW
- RELATEDApproval Of Mega F-35 Sale For Japan Is A Huge Step Towards Its Aircraft Carrier AmbitionsJapan would become the second-largest Lightning II operator in the world if it bought all 105 jets in the proposed deal.READ NOW