Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about dodging torpedoes, encounters with mystery craft off the east coast, geopolitics, electronic warfare—you know, no big whoop.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The Bunker doors are slowly swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDHere Are The Navy Pilot Reports From Encounters With Mysterious Aircraft Off The East CoastThe reports are the first official documentation of various recent incidents with unidentified aircraft in restricted airspace along the east coast.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is What Ground Forces Look Like To An Electronic Warfare System And Why It's A Big DealModern units generate a large electromagnetic signature from their radios, sensors, and other systems that opponents can spot, track, and attack.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Shadowy World Of Submarine And Ship-Launched Torpedo CountermeasuresSurviving below the waves relies primarily on stealth, but if detected, countermeasures may be your only shot of keeping out of a watery grave.READ NOW
- RELATEDNavy P-8 With Secretive Radar Pod Surveils Massive Chinese Naval Base In South China SeaThe flight comes amid escalating friction between China, the U.S. and various countries in the South China Sea, as well as Taiwan.READ NOW
- RELATEDB-1B Bomber Brandishes A Belly Full Of Stealth Cruise Missiles While Deployed To GuamThe messaging is abundantly clear: U.S. bombers haven't tucked-tail and run from the region, and they stand ready to deliver a big, stealthy punch.READ NOW