Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about S-3 Vikings, submarine dogfights off the Bahamas, geopolitics, long-range bomber sorties—you know, no big whoop.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The Bunker doors are slowly swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDFighting World War Three In A Fjord And Chasing Soviet Submarines In The S-3 VikingIt was the twilight of the Cold War and both Kevin Noonan and his S-3 Viking were maturing into more potent and wise weapons of war.READ NOW
- RELATEDHow Submarines Regularly 'Fight To The Death' Off The BahamasJust like how Navy planes have vast instrumented ranges for aerial wargames, submarines have one too, and it is arguably even more impressive.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is The World's Fastest Production Submarine's Crazy Molten Metal Cooled ReactorThe reactor used molten lead-bismuth for coolant, which meant it turned into a brick if it stopped circulating, but gave big power for its size.READ NOW
- RELATEDBlue Angels And Thunderbirds' Secretive Plan To Soar Together Over American Cities Confirmed (Updated)Operation America Strong will see the jets, as well as other aircraft, fly over multiple cities to promote "national unity."READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Mysterious Case Of Customs And Border Protection's Unmarked S-76 HelicoptersThe agency has three of these helicopters assigned to a Virginia-based unit with a somewhat murky mission.READ NOW