Terrifying New Video Shows Moment Pakistani F-16 Impacted The Ground
The closeup closed-circuit video shows the jet hitting the ground with its nose high before turning into a giant fireball.
A Pakistani Air Force F-16A crashed in Islamabad earlier today during a practice display mission for an upcoming parade. The pilot, Wing Commander Nauman Akram, perished in the mishap. It is unclear exactly what caused the crash at this time and an investigation is underway. Thankfully nobody died on the ground when the jet careened into a treed area after a sharp maneuver. You can read more about this tragic event as well as see videos taken by bystanders in our previous post. Now, nearby closed-circuit surveillance camera footage shows the jet slamming into the ground in a high-alpha state.
The video clearly shows the aircraft in a nose-high attitude while losing altitude, impacting a tree or other object, and subsequently hitting the ground at high speed, before skidding forward in a giant fireball. It's a horrific scene, with a bystander in a car seen close by during the sequence of events, but this video could help investigators better understand what happened to the plane and its pilot. The canopy appears intact before the crash, so there are no noticeable signs of an attempt to eject.
We will continue to update this story as more information comes available.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDPakistani F-16 Crashes In Islamabad, Video Shows Hard Maneuver Before Impact (Updated)The aircraft was involved in a practice flight in preparation for a parade that will occur later in the month when the incident took place.READ NOW
- RELATEDU.S. Infrared Satellite Data Could Settle The Debate Over Pakistan-India DogfightThe constellation of orbital sensors can detect infrared events such as missile launches, artillery fire, and planes exploding in the sky.READ NOW
- RELATEDEnough With The Indian Mig-21 Bison Versus Pakistani F-16 Viper BullshitThe amount of garbage commentary and skewed analysis on the whole shoot down has been unbelievable. Here's the reality, like it or not.READ NOW
- RELATEDVideo Of Pilot Ejecting From F-16 Just Before Crash In California SurfacesThe video provides a more complete picture of the F-16's final moments of flight before it crashed through the roof of a nearby warehouse.READ NOW
- RELATEDPakistan Closer To Nuclear Second-Strike Capability After Sub Missile TestIt's not the best solution, but it's the only one available to the Pakistan at this point.READ NOW