This German Police EC135 Helicopter Unit Is The "Tetris Challenge" Champion
When it comes to laying out everything in detail like an action figure playset, it's hard to beat taking an entire twin-turbine helicopter apart.
The Tetris Challenge has stormed across social media over the last month, with some awesome folks from the military, first responder, and aviation communities laying it all out for the world to see. The War Zone did a special writeup on this growing online fad two weeks ago. That too went viral and you should give it a read for a full background on this internet sensation. Since then, there have been some awesome new additions, but one unit, in particular, seems to have gone the extra mile in order to create the ultimate Tetris Challenge meme. An EC135 crew from Germany's vaunted Federal Police Directorate 11 didn't just lay out their professional wares and themselves alongside their aircraft, they took the helicopter itself entirely apart, as well.
Here's the official Twitter post:
Federal Police Directorate 11 has a number of units and missions under its purview, including Germany's famed GSG-9 counter-terrorism commando force. The unit that posted the image specifically was the Federal Police's Aviation Group's squadron in Oberschleißheim, Germany. Here is what the helicopter looks like when it isn't torn apart:
There have been plenty of new offerings since our last article on the meme craze, with some of them putting their own little twist on the challenge—including nudity! Take a look at a number of our new favorites below.
Still, the folks of Federal Police Directorate 11's EC135 force in Oberschleißheim deserve the crown—at least for now—as the world-wide Tetris Challenge champions.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDNational Security Twitter Is Going Nuts For These Awesome "Tetris Challenge" MemesThe images look like they showcase toy sets of miniature soldiers, their gear, and their vehicles, but they are indeed very real.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Definitive Audit Of How Many Weapons Doug Masters Launched From His F-16 In Iron EagleIt has become a cult classic but the 1980s air combat flick has gotten a bad rap for its portrayal of the F-16's capabilities. Is it really deserved?READ NOW
- RELATEDOfficial USAF Twitter Jokes About Nuclear War and Questions Santa's ExistenceThe stewards of America's deadliest weapons aren't above quoting 1983's "WarGames" and intraservice rivalry.READ NOW
- RELATEDHighlights From Twitter's Defense Community's Responses To Tom Cruise's Top Gun 2 TeaserTo say that anticipation, as well as concern, over a Top Gun sequel is high in defense circles would be a massive understatement.READ NOW
- RELATEDAirwolf Pretty Much Shaped My Life And It Turns 35 Years Old TodayThe '80s action show about a reclusive pilot, a shady intelligence outfit and an incredible black helicopter got me hooked on a bunch of topics.READ NOW