Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about mission-ready Super Hornets, Chinese flattops, geopolitics, obscure warship sensors—you know, no big whoop.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The Bunker doors are slowly swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDU.S. Warships Have This Seldom Discussed But Very Powerful Optical Targeting SystemIt's easy to overlook the WALL-E-looking turret atop these ships, but it provides key targeting and situational awareness information to the crew.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's Who Has Been Flying The F-117 Stealth Jets And Why According To The Air ForceThere have long been rumors and speculation about what the jets, which the Air Force is supposed to be destroying, are still doing up in the air.READ NOW
- RELATEDChina Just Launched Its Huge And Incredibly Quickly Built Amphibious Assault ShipChina's first flattop amphibious assault ship will give the PLAN powerful new capabilities and a second example is already under construction.READ NOW
- RELATEDNavy Super Hornets Hit Big 80 Percent Readiness Goal, But Sustaining It Is Another Question (Updated)Air Force F-16s look set to be the only other U.S. fighter jets to reach this goal, which former Secretary of Defense Mattis laid out last year.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe U.S. Can’t Buy Greenland But Thule Air Base Is Set To Become More Vital Than Ever BeforeWith Russia drastically expanding its capabilities above the Arctic Circle, the frigid base will be key to America's own plans for the region.READ NOW