Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Cover This Week
We can talk about super-duper Tomcats, hypersonic rocket sleds, geopolitics, air-to-air missile-armed stealth bombers—you know, no big whoop.
Welcome to Bunker Talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did. In other words, it's literally an off-topic thread.
The Bunker doors are slowly swinging open.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDThis Is What Grumman's Proposed F-14 Super Tomcat 21 Would Have Actually Looked LikeIf the Super Hornet hadn't been built, Grumman's next-gen Tomcat may have become a reality. We forensically recreated it in these awesome renderings.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Video Of A Rocket Sled Doing 6,599mph At Holloman AFB Is Absolute InsanityThe sound alone of something ripping by at hypersonic speed just feet above the desert floor is worth the click!READ NOW
- RELATED"B-21s With Air-To-Air Capabilities," Drones, Not 6th Gen Fighters To Dominate Future Air CombatThe Air Force's vision of the future of aerial combat has evolved greatly as of late and has moved away from plans for new, costly manned fighters.READ NOW
- RELATEDMarine Boss's Audacious Plan To Transform The Corps By Giving Up Big Amphibious ShipsThe bold vision of a USMC that is far less dependent on the lumbering "Gator Navy" comes with a sacrificial offering of the force's most sacred cow.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe AIM-9X Sidewinder May Finally Evolve Into A Completely New And Longer-Range MissileThe Navy is still funding work on a new rocket motor and other features that could fundamentally change the character of this "dogfighting" missile.READ NOW