Dude Makes Crazy Ballistic Missile Launching Lego Submarine Then Depth Charges It To Bits
The impressive remote-controlled sub launched fireworks from under the waterline dozens of feet in the air, that is before its controlled demise.
Legos are all about unlocking one's creativity, right? Well, one dude, in particular, took his passion for the iconic building blocks to a whole new level—as in one below the water's surface. Peter Sripol is all about coming up with zany ideas and making them a reality. He has an entire Youtube channel dedicated to his crazy projects. One of which was building an elaborate remote-controlled submarine out of Legos, having it launch mini-ballistic missiles (fireworks) while submerged, and then depth charging it to pieces with firecrackers.
He's our kind of guy!
When I first saw a clip of his Lego sub in action I thought it was pretty cool, and so did many others on social media. But when I watched the whole video I really got a kick out of how he takes the viewer through the genesis of the idea, testing it, and then blowing it to smithereens. Check it out below:
What I think resonated the most with me wasn't just how cool it was to see a mini boomer made out of Legos blast fireworks into the air from below the waterline, but how he destroyed his awesome creation with glee at the end.
Wasn't that the best part about building things out of Legos? Being able to pulverize your creation without your parents getting pissed at you!?
Mission accomplished Peter, well done.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDWatch One Of Russia's Newest Ballistic Missile Subs Launch A Rare Four Missile SalvoThe dramatic test underscores Russia's renewed interest in a submarine-based nuclear deterrent as it increased underwater activity in general.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Harrowing Tale Of The Nuke-Laden Russian Typhoon Class Sub That Almost Sunk In 1991The quick thinking captain that saved the vessel and the world from disaster was never decorated for his actions.READ NOW
- RELATEDRetired Submariner Turned Gamer Gives Amazing Video Explainers On Sub Tactics And TechA former U.S. Navy sonar operator brings the ins and outs of undersea warfare to life via a whiteboard video series.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Soviet's 'Golden Fish' Missile Submarine Still Holds The Record As The World's FastestThe only Project 661 boat ever made was extremely fast underwater, but was also costly and complex to build and operate.READ NOW
- RELATEDIndia's First Ballistic Missile Sub Sidelined For Nearly A Year Following MishapThe country's plans to modernize its submarine force have hit some obstacles, but in a decade the fleet will likely look nothing like it does today.READ NOW