Enjoy Your Moment Of Zen With A.G. Bill Barr As He Stares Out The Back Of A C-130
The embattled Attorney General is on a tour of Alaska and he ended up hitching a ride of Hercules transport due to some logistical issues.
Attorney General Bill Barr had what appeared to be a very peaceful moment as he rode aboard an Alaska Air National Guard C-130 on Friday. Strapped into an elevated spotters seat adjacent to the airlifter's rear paratrooper door, Barr quietly sat transfixed as he gazed out of the C-130's open rear ramp and onto the majestic Alaskan terrain passing by below. For one of the most polarizing figures in Washington, D.C. today, a guy who became embattled in political controversy from pretty much the day he took office, the flight must have been a nice reprieve from the realities of his job.
The Hercules mission reportedly occurred due to a mix up in logistics and was not planned long in advance, but the places the Attorney General was traveling to may have required the C-130's short and rough field capabilities. Barr is touring Alaska to discuss justice and law enforcement matters with the local powers that be. This included making stops at remote villages to discuss combating high rates of crime in some of these native communities.
The aircraft used likely belonged to the 211th Rescue Squadron of the Alaska Air National Guard. The unit flies the HC-130J Combat King II.
I wonder what was going through Barr's mind as the C-130 churned away over the Alaskan wilderness?
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDMattis Used The USAF's Flying Airstream Trailer "Silver Bullet" Pod On Afghanistan TripThe recreational vehicle turned flying command and control unit and executive suite may soon be replaced by a much more elaborate system.READ NOW
- RELATEDUSAF Upgrading Another C-32 'Air Force 2' Interior For $16M, Here's What The First Looks LikeIt will be modified to have an interior "more commensurate with the presidential section of the VC-25A," but is this really necessary?READ NOW
- RELATEDThis USAF Gulfstream Went Jetting Off To St. Martin Ahead Of The Impending Government ShutdownWe don't know who, if anyone, might have gotten a jump on their holiday vacation with the help of the government-owned jet.READ NOW
- RELATEDComey's Final Flight And The DOJ's Controversial Gulfstream Private JetsThe FBI Director's use of the DOJ's Gulfstream 550 jets has a speckled past—to say the least.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe U.S. State Department Has Its Own Sprawling Air Force, Here's What's In Its InventoryThe Department has more than 200 helicopters, aircraft, and small drones, including a particularly shadowy small transport plane.READ NOW