Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Report On This Week
We can talk about the fighting between Pakistan and India, near extinct F-117s, geopolitics, loyal wingman drones, strategy—you know, no big whoop.
The last week in February turned out to be full of surprises. Two major pop-up stories, in particular, dominated our coverage this week—the very concerning air battle between India and Pakistan and Boeing's big unveil of their Aussie-built loyal wingman drone concept. We also had the F-117 Nighthawk make an appearance unlike anything we have seen in over a decade. Mark Cuban made a cameo on the page too and we brought a big dose of reality to the rumor mill surrounding the possible early retirement of the supercarrier USS Harry S. Truman. There was also our take on the second U.S.-North Korean summit in Hanoi that resulted in some lively debate in the discussion area.
I have to stress that the MVP award goes to Joe this week for putting out the best India-Pakistan coverage on the net. It was amazing work that few could have accomplished. The amount of BS he cut through to build those reports was really quite amazing.
Still, there were many subjects we didn't get to. But it's not too late.
Welcome to Bunker Talk!
This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't get to. In other words, literally an off-topic thread.
We can talk more about North Korea and the Hanoi Summit, and especially about North Korea's game of musical cars as Kim blew out of his meeting with Trump early:
Or we can discuss the news that the F-35C has reached IOC. The Navy has finally gotten a stealth strike asset after the A-12 was ripped away from them nearly three decades ago.
What about this crazy bastard who decided to take a stroll down a street in a private jet at hundreds of miles per hour. "Cocaine's a hell of a drug!":
Then there is the fact that ICBMs sit in traffic jams in Russia:
Once again, this is an entirely open exercise, so let's enjoy some pointed debate and have some laughs.
Let's get after it!
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDBehold The Most Detailed Photo Taken Of An Airborne F-117 Nighthawk In Over A Decade (Updated)The "retired" stealth jet has been photographed in the air once again, but this time while ripping around down low over Death Valley in California.READ NOW
- RELATEDIndia Shows Proof U.S. Made F-16s And AIM-120 Missiles Were Used By Pakistan In Aerial BrawlThis would mark the first time Pakistan's has used these jets in combat against Indian forces, which could have major repercussions.READ NOW
- RELATEDBoeing Will Unveil This 'Loyal Wingman' Combat Drone For Australia's Air Force Tomorrow (Updated)Boeing reportedly developed the all-new stealthy drone specifically for the Australians as part of a classified program.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Puzzling Case Of The Navy's Attempt To Retire Supercarrier USS Harry S. Truman EarlyLegislators are already opposing the proposal, which contradicts every known requirement and policy, and we don't truly know if it's even real at all.READ NOW
- RELATEDTrump Was Right To Walk On Kim, But Foolish To Have Gone To Hanoi In The First PlaceIt's good that Trump finally realized that Pyongyang isn't ready to give up its nukes, but it's ridiculous it's taken this long for him to see that.READ NOW