Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Did And Didn't Report On This Week
We can talk about space-launch motherships, tiny submachine guns, geopolitics, Airwolf, strategy—you know, no big whoop.
We had some big news items this week. Russia's unmanned combat air vehicle breaking cover was a huge deal and the decaying situation in Venezuela is looking more and more like a breeding ground for another proxy squabble between the U.S. and Russia. We also tackled some fun topics, including shadowy space-launch motherships, aggressor jet paint jobs, tiny submachine guns, and most important, we celebrated Airwolf's 35th birthday!
Still, there were many stories we didn't get to. But it's not too late.
Welcome to Bunker Talk!
We can discuss the fact that Boeing just delivered their still very much imperfect tanker to the USAF:
Or we can talk about the fact that the RAF will soon retire the Tornado.
How about this pic showing just how huge the T-14 Armata tank is?
Then again, maybe we should just sit back and watch the 1st Cav make things go bang!
Once again, this is an entirely open exercise, so let's enjoy some pointed debate and have some laughs.
Let's get after it!
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDIs This Concept Art Of A Mysterious Space Launch Mothership A Missing Link In Area 51's Past?There's a long and colorful trail of circumstantial evidence, rumor, historical context, and patent info that points to such an aircraft existing.READ NOW
- RELATEDAirwolf Pretty Much Shaped My Life And It Turns 35 Years Old TodayThe '80s action show about a reclusive pilot, a shady intelligence outfit and an incredible black helicopter got me hooked on a bunch of topics.READ NOW
- RELATEDDetailed New Photos Of Russia's 'Hunter' Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle Emerge: Our AnalysisRussia's UCAV is impressive in size, but the current configuration's empennage shows signs of major technological weaknesses.READ NOW
- RELATEDNellis AFB Wing Boss Talks To Us About His Novel Aggressor Paint Job Facebook Contest And MoreWe discuss aggressor paint schemes, social media, what it's like leading such a big outfit, and what's new at Nellis with General Robert Novotny.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe U.S. Military Wants Tiny Road Mobile Nuclear Reactors That Can Fit In A C-17The power demands to sustain American military operations are only increasing, but small nuclear power plants could present new problems.READ NOW