Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Didn't Report On This Week
We can talk about mystery chaff clouds, gifts for defense nerds, geopolitics, Russian White Swans migrating south, strategy—you know, no big whoop.
Another week is in the bag here at TWZ and it was an eventful one at that. We chased the ongoing mystery of large chaff clouds showing up on radar around the United States, gave everyone an inside look at Northrop Grumman's optionally manned Firebird surveillance plane, and finally published our gift buying guide for the would-be Pentagon planner in your life. But we also have been hung up on some huge features that are just about done. As a result, there's plenty of stories we couldn't get to and plenty to discuss, so let's get after it!
It's time for Bunker Talk!
This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't get to. In other words, literally an off-topic thread.
We can talk about the First Lady hopping on a "Green Top" MV-22 to ride out to the USS George H.W. Bush, the first time a First Lady has flown on an Osprey:
Then there is some Zumwalt class news, with DDG-1001 arriving in San Diego and DDG-1002, the last of the tiny class, being launched this week:
Or we can chat about this new body armor Egyptian Army soldiers are sporting:
Then there is this symphony of mini-guns:
Or we can talk about this pic of an Israeli Special Ops soldier packing quite the sub-gun setup!:
Once again, this is an entirely open exercise, so let's get after it.
Welcome to Bunker Talk!
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDThe Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide For The Aviation Or Military Geek In Your LifeFrom stocking stuffers to virtual reality dream machines, anything on this list is sure to result in Top Gun high-fives on Christmas morning!READ NOW
- RELATEDNow Massive Plumes Of Chaff Are Lighting Up Radar Over Maine and Florida TooThe clouds of radar-reflective countermeasures appeared over the states just two days after a similar mysterious incident occurred in the Midwest.READ NOW
- RELATEDNorthrop Grumman Plans To Upend Aerial Surveillance Market With Their Optionally Manned FirebirdThe massively flexible and super-efficient design is intended to compete with both unmanned and manned aerial intel gathering platforms and win.READ NOW
- RELATEDRussian Tu-160 Bombers Fly 10-Hour Caribbean Patrol From Venezuela Drawing Ire From U.S.The flights come as both Russia and Venezuela are embroiled in major crises that have drawn fierce international rebukes.READ NOW
- RELATEDConga Lines Of USAF Airlifters Filled The Night Sky Across U.S. For Joint Forcible Entry DrillNo, those lights in the sky aren't Santa and company on a dry run. They're the U.S. Air Force practicing to make good on its own naughty or nice list.READ NOW