Turkey Day Bunker Talk: Let's Chat About The Stories We Haven't Reported On (Yet) This Week
We can talk about aggressor paint jobs, stuffing recipes, geopolitics, Thunderbird stranglers, strategy—you know, no big whoop.
Thanksgiving is almost upon us, a much needed time for family, friends, and copious amounts of food. But the conversation here at The War Zone doesn't have to end over the holiday, so it's time for a special turkey day edition of Bunker Talk!
We can shmooze about this incredible command photo:
Or what about this Bo105 making an insane rescue:
Then there is this impressive video of a C-17 landing on Yakima Training Center's remodeled Selah Airstrip, dumping out a HIMARS launcher, and then taking back to the skies after a volley of fire is unleashed:
We can even talk about the banner photo at the top of this article, it is of a fascinating bunker indeed!
Finally, how much Turkey would you have to be bribed with to be a passenger on this thing!:
Once again, this is an entirely open exercise, so let's get after it before the tryptophan settles in.
Welcome to Bunker Talk!
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDUSAF Wing Boss Is Crowdsourcing New Paint Scheme For Aggressor F-16The 64th Aggressor Squadron has a stable full of colorfully painted F-16s and the unit's next paint scheme could come from you!READ NOW
- RELATEDTwo USAF Fighter Wings Line Up 35 F-35s During Type's First-Ever 'Elephant Walk' Exercise (Updated)These drills are important for combat units to train for high-tempo operations and it's a key milestone for the Joint Strike Fighter.READ NOW
- RELATEDSacked Thunderbirds Boss Took Formation Supersonic, Placed Hands Around Neck Of PilotWe now know much more about why the Air Force fired the Thunderbirds commanding officer after just one season and the details aren't pretty.READ NOW
- RELATEDBunker Talk: Let's Chat About All The Stories We Didn't Report On This WeekWe can talk about aggressor submarine squadrons, sinking frigates, geopolitics, shadowy refueling flights, strategy—you know, no big whoop.READ NOW
- RELATEDFirst Images Of New VH-92 Marine One Helicopter Landing On White House LawnWe not only get our very first good look at a VH-92 painted in the iconic colors of Marine One, but also of one landing on the South Lawn.READ NOW