Bunker Talk: Let's Talk About All The Stories We Didn't Report On This Week
We can talk about the chemical warfare, wrecked Raptors, geopolitics, torn-up treaties, strategy—you know, no big whoop.
After missing a couple weeks, it's probably time we all get together for a little bunker talk. This is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn't get to. In other words, literally an off-topic thread.
We can talk about these dismal 5th generation fighter mission capable rates for 2018:
Or this new combat buggy from Mother Russia:
Or yet another submarine scare in Sweden:
There is also this intense display of modern weaponry over Israel just hours ago. Iron Dome is one incredible weapon system to watch in action:
Once again, this is an entirely open exercise, let's chat!
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDAn Essential Guide To The Truths And Myths Of Chemical WeaponsChemical warfare is a very nasty business, but it's also widely misunderstood. So we brought in an expert to give us the bottom line.READ NOW
- RELATEDTales Of Nuclear Cruiser USS Long Beach From A Sailor Who Built His Career Aboard HerThis is the story of Master Chief Douglas Healey's Navy journey and the historic and enigmatic ship he kept coming back to.READ NOW
- RELATEDWe Finally Know How Many F-22s Were Left Behind At Tyndall AFB During Hurricane MichaelOur initial reporting right after the storm hit stating that 30 percent of Tyndall's Raptors were left behind has proven to be accurate.READ NOW
- RELATEDNavy's Next Gen Jammer Is Three Pods, Not One, And Competition For One Of Them Just Heated UpWith Raytheon out of the running for one pod, Northrop Grumman and L3 are vying to be a major part of the Navy's future electronic warfare ecosystem.READ NOW
- RELATEDUSS Desert Ship Sits In A Sea Of Sand And Launched The Navy To The Forefront Of Missile TechThis unique and historic facility has played an essential role in developing the U.S. Navy's missile technology since the dawn of the Cold War.READ NOW