How Can The War Zone Blast Off To New Heights?
We want your input on how we can make this place even better as it continues to grow and evolve.
It's amazing how time flies, especially when you spend your days writing about fighter jets and missiles. The War Zone is almost two and a half years old, but it feels like I wrote my first post under its banner yesterday. What we have built here together is truly a unique place in so many ways, some of which can hard to convey to our readership. It has been a wild, challenging, at times frustrating, but overall an incredibly enjoyable ride and with any luck, we will be making some much needed and exciting improvements soon that should take the site to another level.
But before any of that happens, I want to ask our readership what they think. What stories do you like or dislike? What topics do you think we should cover more often? What about any specific stories or recurring segment ideas? How do you think video should be leveraged in what we do? What about changes to the layout of our homepage? Are there any writers you like that you think would be a good addition to our team? What subject matter experts would you like to see us include as contributors if not full-time writers?
What I am not looking for is a breakdown on discreet tech issues the site might have, we are well aware of those and we are hoping they will be fixed soon. What I am seeking is feedback on editorial so I can integrate those ideas with my vision for a new and much-improved iteration of 'TWZ' as many of us call it.
I greatly appreciate your help here and in making this place truly special on a daily basis. Our discussion section is a remarkable place in particular and has proven capable of taking on the most challenging topics with poise and tolerance of a wide array of opinions. Last, but certainly not least, all the leads that I get via a multitude of channels are indispensable. I couldn't produce this site without them! Thank you!
So let 'er rip! Let's make this place better together.
Contact the author: Tyler@thedrive.com
- RELATEDRussia, Trump, Election Meddling, And The Helsinki Summit: Discuss!The story has massive strategic and foreign policy implications, so what's your take?READ NOW
- RELATEDTyler Rogoway Has Touched Down at The DriveAs the Blue Angels famously say, I'm glad to be here!READ NOW
- RELATEDDefense Writer Joseph Trevithick Has Touched Down At The War ZoneJoseph brings a unique set of skills to site, and adding a talented writer will provide more capacity to cover more stories in increasingly creative ways.READ NOW
- RELATEDMaking Steam: High Seas Tales And Commentary On Today's Navy From A Chief EngineerIn part two of our series, we talk adventures and very close calls on the high seas and some of the Navy's biggest issues.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlying the Iconic Swing-Wing F-111 Aardvark at the Height of the Cold WarSwing-wings, blistering fast down low, and super temperamental. What’s not to love?READ NOW