Radiohead is Good, But a Ferrari F12 TdF Screaming Around Spa is Better.
Paul Thomas Anderson was not involved in the latter, unfortunately.
The world may be going nuts over Radiohead's new album, A Moon Shaped Pool, but we at The Drive wouldn't know because our earballs have been busy listening to an entirely different type of transcendental music: the operatic cries of this Ferrari F12 TdF howling around Belgium's beloved Spa-Francourchamps race track during one of RSR's private track days.
Unlike Radiohead's recent Paul Thomas Anderson-helmed music video, there's nothing that needs to be interpreted or analyzed about the footage that goes along with this glorious noise. It's a simple picture-in-picture clip covering a little more than one lap of the 4.3-mile course. The main view offers a first-person look past the crimson Ferrari's phallic snout to the track ahead; the inset angle focuses on the lucky bastard who makes enough money to afford a half-million-dollar, limited-edition Ferrari. (That owner clearly has some chops when it comes to wheelman duties, too; over the course of his lap, he creams everything from a 911 GT3 RS to an AMG GT S.)
There are no cuts, no weird angles, no shots of an aging British rocker walking through doors in what we assume is a metaphor for the way music has become an omnipresent part of our lives and how that in turn has reduced its value. Just a man and his Ferrari, at Spa to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And apparently they ran out of gum.
So put Thom Yorke on pause, sync your phone up with your Sonos, crank the volume, and spend the next three minutes watching and listening to the majesty that is Maranello's latest 12-cylinder marvel tearing Spa a new one.
- RELATEDFerrari Drops Audio of the F12 TDF Lapping FioranoAural fixation and petroleum obliteration.READ NOW
- RELATEDOwners Complain F12 Is Too Fast, Ferrari Unveils Faster F12 TDFLaFerrari brakes, 769 horsepower and a whole lot lighter.READ NOW
- RELATEDSay Goodbye to the Ferrari F12berlinettaIf you wanted to buy one, bad news: you've missed your chance.READ NOW
- RELATEDAmelia Island Hits the Ferrari Mother LodeThese auction cars will steal your heart; their prices will crush your soul.READ NOW
- RELATEDCould This Ferrari Be the Most Expensive Car Ever?An old thoroughbred transcends the car-auction market and crosses over to the art world.READ NOW