Indian Wrecking Crew Clinches American Flat Track Grand National Title
Indian's flat-track dominance continues clinching the title with two races to go.
Indian Wrecking Crew racer Jared “Jammer” Mees just took the number 9 Rogers Racing Scout FTR750 across the finish line to win the race at the Harley-Davidson Williams Grove Half-Mile in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania clinching the American Flat Track title for the AFT Twins class. This is the first Grand National Championship title for Indian and the fourth AMA Pro Flat Track title for X-Games gold medalist Jared Mees.
The bike that helped make the magic happen is the Indian Scout FTR750. Having very little in common with the production version of the Scout, the race bike debuted in the 2016 season in which Jared Mees was the runner-up for the title. It has a 750cc V-twin engine cradled in a lightweight steel frame with a carbon fiber body.
Indian didn’t just win, it dominated. There are still two races to go in the Flat Track championship, but Jared Mees has accumulated so many points on his Indian that he’s already won it all. The Indian Wrecking Crew has nine wins on the season leaving rivals like Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Harley-Davidson in the dust.
This win was made even more special for Mees due to the venue. “Man, it's an honor to be able to come to Williams Grove—I was born and raised 45 minutes from here—and to clinch this championship in front of all my friends and family,” Mees said. “We had a phenomenal year. I had a magnificent team behind me.”
Okay, Indian. When can we expect some version of this dominant racing bike to hit showrooms?
- RELATEDIndian Is Selling 50 Commemorative Flat Track ScoutsIncluded with the race-dominating bike is a VIP trip to an American Flat Track race, plus a flat track riding lesson from a member of the Wrecking Crew.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatching the Wrecking Crew Wreck Crews, and Throwing a Leg Over Indian's RSD Hooligan Scout at the OKC MileIndian Motorcycle and Roland Sands Design make the new best vintage-inspired bike. The café racer is dead: long live the flat tracker!READ NOW
- RELATEDAMA Pro Flat Track is The Last Great Spectacle in RacingThere's nothing like it.READ NOW
- RELATEDFor $50K, You Can Buy Indian's Flat Track FTR750 Race MotorcycleFor the price of a well-equipped Jaguar F-Pace (shhhh—just go with it) you can own the same bike that Indian's "Wrecking Crew" team will run in the 2017 American Flat Track Series.READ NOW
- RELATEDFlat Track Motorcycle Ride-Alongs Are TerrifyingIn which our author is a very uneasy rider.READ NOW