Henrik Fisker Teases EMotion Electric Car Prior to Summer Debut
The prototype looks the futuristic part.
The Fisker Karma wasn't what you'd call a sales success. Even though big names celebrities like Justin Bieber picked them up and decked them out in chrome, things didn't pan out like the brand had hoped for. However, former Fisker Automotive founder Henrik Fisker has had a hand in the development of another prototype, the EMotion EV, and it looks to be a step up from his last effort.
Fisker promises it will have a single-charge range of at least 400 miles, and with futuristic details like this, the car may gain a stake in the premium EV market.
The EMotion EV will join several other electric cars built by new automakers, including the Lucid Air and Faraday Future FF 91. Built for speed and luxury, the car is projected to have a top speed of 161 miles per hour and have efficient aerodynamic properties. The aluminum architecture of the EMotion is said to reduce the car's weight by 20 percent when compared to similar models as well.
Extra style comes from the butterfly doors and next-generation styling. LED signature headlights will give the car a distinct front fascia that should help differentiate the car from other fresh faces in the automotive world. If Fisker has learned anything from the Karma, however, he'll know to keep realism in check for a more attractive auto.
An official unveiling is planned for the EMotion electric vehicle sometime this summer, following the release of the Tesla Model 3. If everything goes as planned, we should be in for a full schedule of EV debuts and launches—thus putting our expectations of an electrified future closer to reality.
- RELATEDThis Is Henrik Fisker’s 400-Mile Electric Sport Sedan, the EMotionA badass-looking Tesla Model S rival with a really punny name.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for October 21, 2016: Fisker’s 400-Mile Electric Tesla Fighter Has Four Butterfly DoorsThere's only one picture so far—but that one picture has us plenty excited.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Is Fisker’s New Tesla-Fighting Electric CarIt goes 400 miles on a charge—and has a double set of butterfly doors.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere’s Henrik Fisker’s New Superyacht ConceptEx-Aston Martin desinger's custom Benetti drops at the Singapore Yacht Show.READ NOW
- RELATEDHenrik Fisker Is Suing Aston Martin for $100 MillionDetroit debut for Force 1 supercar in deep limbo.READ NOW